The University of Michigan has world-class schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Engineering, Natural Resources and Environment, Public Health, and Nursing. Also contributing to our excellence and potential in the biosciences are outstanding natural and physical science departments within the College of Literature, Science & the Arts, and free-standing institutes in Life Science and Social Research. The key to our future success will be determined by our ability to be more than the sum of our many excellent parts.
The biosciences initiative is led by Roger Cone, vice provost and director of the biosciences initiative. Dr. Cone will work with the Biosciences Initiative Coordinating Committee to strengthen research and education in the biosciences across the university through strategic leadership, coordination and alignment across the campus. The committee will make recommendations to the president and the provost for strategic alignment of practices, policies and investments in the biosciences.
- Biosciences Initiative website
- MBioFAR award
- Biosciences Initiative invests $45M in groundbreaking research
- Biosciences Initiative Coordinating Committee
- Podcast: The Biosciences Initiative at the University of Michigan
- Record: Committee to help find emerging biosciences research opportunities