The Thomas Francis, Jr. Medal in Global Public Health is awarded to individuals who have contributed to the significant advancement of global public health through:
- Major scientific discovery or invention.
- Leadership in development, implementation, or promotion of effective public health policy, nationally or internationally.
- Seminal support for the development or implementation of effective action that advances global public health.
- Distinguished service in the promotion of global public health.
- The nominee should not be informed his or her name is being submitted.
- Letters of support on behalf of the nominee should not be solicited outside the University.
- Self nominations will not be accepted for consideration.
Identifying the next medal recipient is underway and the University is currently accepting nominations. Nominations to be considered should be submitted no later than May 15, 2015.
Use the web form below to submit your nomination. If you prefer, you may download a PDF version of the form and mail or fax to:
Lisa M. Connolly
University of Michigan
Office of the President
503 Thompson Street
2056 Fleming Administration
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1340
Phone: (734) 615-6275
Fax: (734) 936-3529