Ross School of Business Ribbon-Cutting
March 13, 2009
- Thank you, Bob, for your leadership and vision.
- Four-and-a-half years ago, life changed for students, faculty and staff of the U-M Business School.
- The historic and transformative gift from Steve Ross set this school on a new course, and today we celebrate our progress.
- This beautiful facility draws on the legacy of our Business School as an institution that shapes tomorrow’s business leaders.
- With its superb, discussion-style classrooms and group study spaces, the new building is an essential resource for the School and its signature Action-Based Learning programs.
- We can truly say we’ve changed the shape of teaching and learning for our faculty and students.
- We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Steve Ross, and to the many donors who stepped forward these past several years to make a difference in the teaching, research and service at the Ross School.
- And in the tradition of a well-run business, we also owe our thanks to everyone who saw this project to completion – on time and on budget!
- Throughout all the construction … the temporary moving of offices and classrooms … the noise and dust and chaos of a large capital project … both the MBA and BBA programs continued to run efficiently and both rose into the “top 5” of the Business Week rankings.
- I know we will build upon this in the coming years, thanks to the contributions of all of you.
- It is now my pleasure to introduce the Michigan alumnus who has done so much to change the landscape of the Business School … he is a valued adviser, donor, and business leader … Mr. Steve Ross.