Announcement 2.16.17: Kallie Bila Michel appointed vice president for communications
Charge from President Mark Schlissel to the Search Advisory Committee for the Vice President for Communications
The University of Michigan Vice President for Communications Search Advisory Committee (VPC-SAC) is engaged to assist and advise the President in conducting a search to fill the position of Vice President for Communications.
With the assistance of the executive search firm, Heyman Associates, the VPC-SAC is charged with:
- conducting a national search for candidates, soliciting and considering both external and internal prospects, and building a pool of highly qualified candidates;
- making a concerted effort to develop a candidate pool that is diverse as possible and to meet any federal affirmative action goals with respect to this position;
- reviewing the candidate pool, conducting preliminary interviews and advising the President of recommended candidates for consideration; and
- assisting the President in recruiting and referencing efforts as required.
Throughout the process, the VPC-SAC shall:
- maintain confidentiality as directed;
- engage with campus (and community when applicable) stakeholders regarding critical institutional needs and priorities to be considered in identifying strong candidates;
- keep the President apprised of progress, through the committee chair and president’s liaison; and
- proceed expeditiously, meeting with the President to present and discuss recommendations as soon as possible, consistent with identifying, recruiting, and reviewing highly qualified candidates.
The work of the VPC-SAC will be supported by the President’s liaisons and a staff member from the Office of the President. The committee will have at its disposal such resources as are reasonably required to meet the goals of the search in a timely manner.