The University of Michigan Vice President for Development Search Advisory Committee (VPD-SAC) is engaged to assist and advise the President in conducting a search to fill the position of Vice President for Development.
With the assistance of the executive search firm, Witt/Kieffer, the VPD-SAC is charged with:
- conducting a national search for candidates, soliciting and considering both external and internal prospects, and building a pool of highly qualified candidates;
- making a concerted effort to develop a candidate pool that is diverse as possible and to meet any federal affirmative action goals with respect to this position;
- reviewing the candidate pool, conducting preliminary interviews and advising the President on recommended candidates for consideration; and
- assisting the President in recruiting and referencing efforts as requested.
Throughout the process, the VPD-SAC shall:
- maintain confidentiality as directed;
- engage with campus (and community when applicable) stakeholders regarding critical institutional needs and priorities to be considered in identifying strong candidates;
- keep the President apprised of progress, through the committee chair and president’s liaison; and
- proceed expeditiously, meeting with the President to present and discuss recommendations as soon as possible, consistent with identifying, recruiting, and reviewing highly qualified candidates.
The work of the VPD-SAC will be supported by a staff member from the Office of the President. The committee will have at its disposal such resources as are reasonably required to meet the goals of the search in a timely manner.