Executive Director, Division of Public Safety
and Security Search Advisory Committee
Charge to the Committee
The Executive Director of Public Safety and Security Search Advisory Committee is engaged to assist and advise the President in conducting a search to fill the position of Executive Director of Public Safety and Security.
With the assistance of a search consultant firm the Committee is charged with:
- Conducting a national search for candidates, soliciting and considering both external and internal prospects, and building a pool of highly qualified candidates.
- Making a concerted effort to meet federal and the institution’s affirmative action goals with respect to this position and to develop as diverse a pool as possible.
- Reviewing the candidate pool, conducting preliminary interviews, assist with identifying and possibly consulting references, advising the President of a final set of recommended candidates for her consideration, and assisting the President in recruiting efforts as required.
- Apprising the President of progress, through the committee chair and staff liaison.
- Meeting with the President to discuss final recommendations as soon as possible, consistent with identifying, recruiting, and reviewing the most highly qualified candidates.
The President’s liaison and staff from the Office of the President will support the work of the committee. The committee will have at its disposal such resources as are reasonably required to meet the goals of the search in a timely manner.