University of Michigan
China Strategy Group
The China Strategy Group has grown out of an ad hoc group assembled to provide advice on institutional goals and related tasks and issues for the president’s trip to China in June-July 2010. The success of that trip, and the value of the group’s input, imply that it would be valuable to continue such a forum for discussion of strategy and institutional issues with respect to China.
The China Strategy Group is charged to:
- Advise the president on institutional objectives and goals for U-M’s engagement with China and on means for achieving them.
- Facilitate pursuit of those goals by identifying and fostering connections and synergies between U-M activities in China.
- As requested by the president, executive officers, or their designees, review particular issues related to U-M activities in China and make recommend-actions regarding their disposition.
- Facilitate the sharing of information among U-M units and programs on activities in and best practices related to China.
- As requested by program directors, provide advice and guidance on enhancement of collaborations in China.